RELIABLE CORONA VIRUS MAPS
High Schooler From MI
As of this morning Whatcom County has 3 confirmed cases and 111 negative test results. The case is a woman in her 20s and the Health Department is currently working to identify and advise people who have had close contact with her. On Friday, March 13, a woman in her 40s tested positive for COVID-19 after self-isolating after being notified that she was in close contact with a lab-confirmed positive case from another county, according to a Health Department press release. [From Bellingham Herald]
DINE IN RESTAURANTS, BARS, THEATRES ORDERED CLOSED
Gov. Jay Inslee announced that restaurants, bars, health and fitness clubs, entertainment and recreational facilities will be shut down statewide to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus after midnight tonight. Restaurants will be allowed to provide take-out, drive through and delivery services but no in-person dining will be permitted. The ban will not apply to grocery stores and pharmacies. Other retail outlets will have reduced occupancy. Details were not released on the types of retail businesses that would be affected.
[From Bellingham Herald]
LEAVE SOME FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR
Especially items labeled WIC. Parents on WIC can’t choose a different brand of beans or cereal. As long as you can, please do!
”Even if they are your parents. And even if they are begging to provide childcare. For the health and safety of the loving grandparents, consider whether it’s possible for your family to find an alternate source of backup childcare,” the health department wrote in a press release Saturday, March 14.
▪ Consider sharing the care of small groups of kids with other neighbors who must work.
▪ Take kids outside to play rather than staying in crowded indoor spaces. Parks remain open and Whatcom’s weather is supposed to return to the 50s after a cold weekend.
▪ Watch for school district news. Some districts are continuing to provide meals and offer on-line learning.
[From Bellingham Herald]
My healthy and active dad lives with me so I had extra precautions to decide where to go out and with whom to socialize. I’m feeling relived today because over the weekend we made a good plan. In addition to washing hands, taking care not to share germs in the house, and social distancing, we will
– choose not to go to group events.
– socialize outside in fresh air.
– before and after socializing,
ask the people we are social with, including partners and their families, to inform us if anyone is sick in any way.
– inform the people we are social with if we develop any symptoms of sickness.
– I will do the grocery shopping (he will not go to places with lots of people).
– get outside for walks or bike rides at least once a day.
BLEACH DANGERS: DON’T MIX IT
2tbs bleach to 1 quart of water makes a disinfecting solution you can spray on surfaces and food and let dry to disinfect. Food safety and other disinfecting stuff is surprisingly simple. Letting things air dry after getting the bleach treatment is key.