State Order: Stay At Home, Stay Healthy
Essential Workers List
Camping On State Lands
More Health Care Worker Refuge Housing
Clyde Ford says we should be flipping idea of social distancing and call it distant socializing.
STAY AT HOME, STAY HEALTHY
Gov. Jay Inslee has issued a Stay at Home, Stay Healthy order in Washington state which will be effective for a minimum of two weeks. The order requires every Washingtonian to stay at home, except for people:
- Pursuing an essential activity, like shopping for groceries or going to a medical appointment.
- Getting takeout food. (Food deliveries also are permitted).
- Going to work at an essential business.
- Going outside for walks and exercise, as long as social distancing of six feet is maintained.
- All grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, food supply chains and other things necessary for continued operations will remain open.
- Effective immediately: All gatherings of people for social, spiritual and recreational purposes are prohibited. This applies to both private and public gatherings which include everything for sleepovers for children to weddings and funerals. All of these type of events must be postponed for public health and safety.
- Effective in 48 hours: All businesses, except for essential businesses. Businesses that can operate using telework should continue to do so. For businesses where individuals cannot work from home, the governor’s office will provide guidance on what businesses are essential, building on the federal government’s and California’s definition of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers. If a business believes that it is essential, or if it is an entity providing essential services or functions, they will be able to request designation as an essential business. Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet.
CAMPING ON STATE LANDS
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, all campsites, roofed accommodations (such as cabins, yurts, and vacation houses), group camps, and day use facilities are closed through April 30, 2020. If you have an existing reservation, you will be contacted for a refund. Learn more at the Washington State Parks reservations website.
MORE HEALTH CARE WORKER REFUGE HOUSING
Several more friends and neighbors have stepped forward to offer housing. Thank you one and all! There is a group working on sorting it all out.
Face Shields Action
This evening, through the fast response of neighbors & friends, a large shipment of re-usable face shields was found, purchased, picked up and delivered for the use of First Responders, within an hour. It happened because people trusted each other. Thank you!